I am a SUMMER LOVER! Bring me ALL of the heat and sunshine with looooong days. June is so glorious. Not yet too buggy, cool nights still, and plenty of sunshine! Not to mention it’s my birth month! AND Leo’s now! We were even born on the same day! So June is definitely a month to celebrate.
– Top 5 reasons to look forward to June –
1. BIRTHDAYS!!! June 8 – Leo’s 1st birthday and my 32nd birthday! EEE! I can’t believe he is going to turn ONE! In a week! I’m planning a small get-together with a Where the Wild Things Are theme (see inspiration here). I am anxious to see how it all comes together. Riding the thin line of small details to going overboard… just can’t really help myself once I get going! 😜 Just ordered his monthly photos from Social Print Studio to hang for a photo visual and I almost cried seeing how teeny he once was! My baaaaaby. But, excited for the party and maybe I’ll have a cocktail or two to celebrate my birthday too :)
2. BOATING AND THE BEACH! I am more excited than I usually am about boating and the beach down at our cabin in Yankton. Last year I had Leo so it was a little tough, this year I am FULL on indulging! Loving this swimsuit, and see more Mommy and Mini Me swimsuits here.
3. FARMER’S MARKETS – Summer food and drinks are the best! So fresh! June brings the farmer’s markets back and fresh veggies, meats, herbs, and gorgeous flowers and bouquets. Something about buying straight from the farmer makes me FEEL GOOD. And I’m honored to get to celebrate this month with Hungry for Truth South Dakota during an event with local farmers for an evening near the field for a farm-to-fork dinner. These are my favorite kind of events! Listening and learning more from the farmers that grow our crops while indulging in fresh fabulous foods. Can’t wait! And give me all the summer beers (favorite is Citradelic right now) and white wines to go along with it. Cheers!
4. SHOPPING! Last summer I still had my baby weight so I didn’t bother buying hardly any new summer clothes. So I am on the lookout for some new casual shorts (like these), feminine pretty tanks (like this), flirty summer dresses (like this), and I’m totally into floral rompers (like this)! I need to freshen up my wardrobe. And I’ve recently partner with Coquette Couture to become a Coquette, so be on the lookout on here and my Instagram (@kayleemaykoch) for some more style inspiration from them. Love this gorgeous blue top and this pretty romper! Follow them on Insta (@coquettecouture) for pics of their new arrivals. And 20% off all orders right now with code YOUASKED
5. FUN EVENTS – Summer is when all the fun outdoor things happen! The animals are out at the zoo, the Storyland Theatre plays at McKennan park begin, the parks are full of children, the pools are warmed up, people gather for block parties downtown, delicious food truck Fridays, and jammin’ concerts during the 605 Summer Classic! I love all of the opportunities to get outside!
Time to go soak up this sun! June you’re my favorite month!!